1. Why should we choose Air Force School Manauri for our kids?
There are many additional opportunities to make a difference in the field of education. We prepare our students to meet the demanding needs of a constantly changing society and to excel in a variety of roles, such as:
Leadership Quality ( Investiture Ceremony )
To inculcate Patriotic spirit
Academic Practical Knowledge exposure through SHRISHTI exhibition
Sports & Physical activity programmes
Health, fitness, and disease-prevention programmes & lectures
Art & Craft Activities
Counseling of students
No hidden charges
2. Is the school providing the transport facility? Yes , bus facility is being provided from school to Allahabad Station.
3. Is the entry in Air Force Campus allowed for the civilians?> Yes, the gate passes are provided to the parents or ID proof is required.
4. What are the recent achievements of your school students in the field of education and CCA? (a) 11 students secured 10 CGPA in CBSE Class X Board Examination 2016.
(b) Various Air Force levels as well as local level sports competition were conducted such as – Basketball, Volleyball, Table tennis, Chess, Badminton, Athletics’ etc.
(c) Various activities related to Music, Drawing, Quiz was conducted throughout the year such as -
Colouring contest – Student Development Society (Maharashtra)
Olympiad – National teacher’s Council,
Poster making – Metrological Department
Poster Making – CBSE
Music Competition (Instrumental) – Akhil Bhartiya Prayagotsav Sangeet Pratiyogita etc
5. Is your school up to XII standard?, Yes, school will be upgraded to XII standard by 2018. Case is already under process to upgrade.
6. What are the extra-curricular activities taking place in the school? The school conducts various extra-curricular activities i.e. Painting, Vocal Music, NCC Interactive Clubs Science and Maths Exhibitions, Olympiads and activities for the Commerce Forum. The school celebrates the Annual Day, Sports Day, Independence Day, Republic Day, Children’s Day and Teacher’s Day. In the Junior Wing, the students are exposed to our cultural heritage by celebrating various religious & national festivals. The school also organises various Inter & Intra House/Class Competitions like Quizzes, Spell Bee, Declamation, Painting, Essay Writing & Sporting events. The school participates in various inter school / Zonal and National events in Academic, Sports & Co-curricular Activities.
7. Where is the school located? The school is located at Air Force Manauri 24ED Allahabad.
8. Who runs The Air Force School? The Air Force School Manauri is run by IAF Educational & Cultural Society as an unaided school.
9. Is the school affiliated to CBSE? The school is permanently affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and recognized by the Directorate of Education, Govt of NCT Delhi.
10. Are admissions available for civilians? Yes. The admission for civilians/Non Air Force (NAF) category is open from Class LKG to Class X, depends up on the vacancies available after accommodating all priority I to VI category students
11. What is the eligibility criteria for Nursery/UKG and when will be the forms available? The child should have completed 4 years as on 31st March for the ensuing academic session. The registration forms shall normally be made available in the last week of January by the SMC’s Office. The advertisement for admission to Class LKG will be published in the leading daily in the month of January and also published in the school website
12. What is the procedure for admission to other Classes i.e. from Classes I to IX for NAF category? The admission for Classes I to IX and XI shall be considered in the month of March/April subject to availability of vacancies. Procedure shall be notified on the school website.
13. Which syllabus is being followed by the school? The school is following the syllabus as prescribed by CBSE. The textbooks from Classes UKG to V are from private publications & Classes VI to XII mainly use NCERT/CBSE books.
14. Does the school have a sports field? What are all the sports activities being conducted in the school? The school does have its own sports field and also uses the sports ground of the 24ED, Air Force Station Manauri. The school provides facilities for cricket, badminton, basketball, foot ball, table tennis, volley ball and athletic events.
15. Does the school follow the Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation(CCE)? If so how the school conducts examination? Yes. The modified evaluation scheme as per the new pattern of evaluation (CCE) recommended by the CBSE is being followed in the school from Classes VI to X as four (4) Formative Assessments (FA) and two Summative Assessments (SA) which are planned during the academic session from Apr to Mar. Class Work, Home Work, Group & Individual Activities of the students are been taken into consideration. For the FA’S Summative Assessment: There are 02 Summative Assessment (SA) being conducted in the academic session in the month of Sep & March for Classes VI – XI. There are 2 Pre-Boards conducted for Classes X & XII.
Primary Wing: Classes UKG to V: There is no formal examination and the children are assessed on continuous evaluation basis in the form of Monthly, Quarterly and Half Yearly assessments.
16. How can I contact Class Teacher/Subject Teachers, Principal to know about the performance of my ward? The parent can contact the Principal between 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon and teachers after by taking prior appointment by sending a note through your ward in the student diary. The parent can also communicate with the school through
e-mail ( email@example.com) 17. Does the school have medical facilities ? Yes. The school has a sick-bay with an emergency First Aid Kit. In case of emergency the school takes help from Station Medicare Centre (SMC), AF.
© 2016 Air Force School Manauri. All Rights Reserved | Design by The Axiom Technologies